[Development] Requesting New Repository - QtZeroConf

drwho at infidigm.net drwho at infidigm.net
Thu Sep 10 15:47:57 CEST 2015

> On 10/09/15 09:56, "Ola Røer Thorsen" <ola at silentwings.no> wrote:

>><drwho at infidigm.net>:
>>
>>Window -> Apple's Bonjour
>>

>>Would this mean Bonjour would be bundled with Qt for the Windows
>> version,
>>or will it have to be installed separately?
>
> That’s then basically a packaging question, so we can decide that once
> we
> have it all working. The Bonjour license (Apache 2.0) would at least not
> forbid us to ship it.

Window is tricky.  Right now I'm using Apple's binary library (dnssd.lib)
which excludes the use of mingw.  I think the source code for dnssd.lib
is...

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/mDNSResponder/mDNSResponder-561.1.1/mDNSShared/

so ideally mDNSShared source could be distributed and not the binary.  2nd
problem is that either source or binary still requires Apple's print
services (or itunes) be installed.

One thought I've had is that avahi-core be ported to Windows.  The issue
with this is that two separate Qt programs could each be running there own
mDNS stack which you are not supposed to do.  The best solution for
windows is probably mDNSShared source.

Jon