[Development] Qt 5.5.0 build issue on OS X (10.9): OpenGL libraries

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:19:52 CEST 2015

On Friday September 11 2015 14:17:23 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> How can I find out why QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL gets set to -lGL in qmodule.pri, or why the library is tested in opengldesktop.pro?

Answer 1: by sinking teeth where I'd rather not sink them
Answer 2: configure shouldn't use pkg-config when building for the Cocoa QPA, i.o.w,

if [ "$QT_QPA_DEFAULT_PLATFORM" = "cocoa" ] || [ "$QT_QPA_DEFAULT_PLATFORM" = "" -a "$XPLATFORM_MAC" = "yes" ] then compileTest should be used. I cannot see any reason to justify using pkg-config to find the OpenGL frameworks, just as it's obvious that it should be used to find the GLX library when building the XCB plugin.

Should I file a bug report or is this enough?

R.