[Development] Qt 5.5.0 build issue on OS X (10.9): OpenGL libraries

Hanspeter Niederstrasser fink at snaggledworks.com
Sat Sep 12 04:07:13 CEST 2015

On 9/11/2015 9:19 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Friday September 11 2015 14:17:23 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>
>> How can I find out why QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL gets set to -lGL in qmodule.pri, or why the library is tested in opengldesktop.pro?
>
> Answer 1: by sinking teeth where I'd rather not sink them
> Answer 2: configure shouldn't use pkg-config when building for the Cocoa QPA, i.o.w,
>
> if [ "$QT_QPA_DEFAULT_PLATFORM" = "cocoa" ] || [ "$QT_QPA_DEFAULT_PLATFORM" = "" -a "$XPLATFORM_MAC" = "yes" ] then compileTest should be used. I cannot see any reason to justify using pkg-config to find the OpenGL frameworks, just as it's obvious that it should be used to find the GLX library when building the XCB plugin.
>
> Should I file a bug report or is this enough?

This is the bug report I previously filed on this:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47146

It's definitely a problem caused by pkg-config if your pkg-config is set
to search your X11 installation by default (using PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR at
least can override the default). A conditional that *doesn't* use
pkg-config to find OpenGL on Cocoa would be very nice.

Hanspeter