[Development] Sending key events on Qt 5.5.0

Christian.Paffhausen at ehrhardt-partner.com Christian.Paffhausen at ehrhardt-partner.com
Thu Sep 17 11:21:34 CEST 2015

Hi all,

i have a problem with manually sending key events and shortcuts on Qt
5.5.0.

In our application, we have a QAction with a F5 shortcut in a toolbar. When
i press the toolbutton everything works fine. When i press the F5 key on my
keyboard too.
But when i press a pushbutton, where the connected slot generate a
QKeyEvent and send this event via QApplication::sendEvent nothing will
happen.
With Qt 5.4.1 it works, but with 5.5.0 not.

I have attached a small example app, which describes my problem.

Is this problem already known? Have you a patch or work around for me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Christian

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Ehrhardt + Partner GmbH & Co. KG

i.A. Christian Paffhausen
Software Developer

Development Group User Interfaces

Ehrhardt + Partner GmbH & Co. KG
Software - Systeme für Warehouse - Logistik
Alte Roemerstrasse 3
D-56154 Boppard-Buchholz
Handelsregister Koblenz HRA 4605
GF Marco Ehrhardt