[Development] New module for OPC UA

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:38:52 CEST 2015

> we considered this, but OPC UA is not a serial bus.

But Modbus is not a serial bus too, it is just an protocol. :)

I think that qtserialbus it is a bad name/place to add any of protocols. I
think that for the industrial protocols (or any protocols) can be created
the separate pero (named as qtindustrialprotocols), in which can be added
as Modbus, as DNP3, as IECxx, as OPC-UA and so on.

Or, the qtserialbus should be renamed and divided to some sub-modules, like
qt-modbus, qt-dnp, qt-iec, qt-opc-ua, qt-can, and so on.. when the user can
add it in own project like:

CONFIG += qtcan qtopcua

I think that current qtserialbus has not a good design, IMHO.

But, ideally, the OPC-UA should be merged to there..maybe.. :)

BR,
Denis

: