[Development] RFC: Speech Recognition API

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 14:48:34 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Turunen Tuukka
<tuukka.turunen at theqtcompany.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There has been quite little comments and feedback to the new speech APIs. It would be great to have people to look into this and provide comments already during the early development. We hope to have a technology preview available later this year, but getting feedback only after this phase is not optimal. Even if you are not an expert on speech recognition, but just interested in it, please take a look and provide feedback to Tuomas and others developing this.
>
> Yours,
>
>         Tuukka

Hello,
Thank you for the great and valued module you are developing
that is a very good start.

The major feature still out is the ability to register callbacks for the
end of word (token) and the end of speech.

Mac OSX, iOS and Windows have such API whereas Android has
only partial and Linux ...

The feature is necessary to be knowledgeable when a word spoken is completed
and when the phrase sent to speech is completed.

Thank you once more!

Regards,
Robert