[Development] QML import versions

Attila Csipa qt at csipa.in.rs
Mon Sep 21 22:29:11 CEST 2015

On 9/21/2015 8:25 PM, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> I totally agree that one can't just "import the latest" without
> breaking code, just please don't use a language mis-feature
> (unqualified properties propagating down) to support it :-) My 2 c,

We have had Q_OBJECTs which have properties that can be set dynamically
without any versioning information for years, so this line has already
been crossed, it's just that, apparently, unlike C++ developers, QML
developers can't *even optionally* handle the freedom of living with the
latest API :)

Regards,
Attila