[Development] A call for more Qt content at next year's CppCon

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Sun Sep 27 20:21:53 CEST 2015

Hey all,

I want to relay the ton of good feedback I got on Qt at last weeks CppCon.
There are many people who use it at work or privately. No wonder, there is no
better tool for GUIs in C++ ;-)

In hindsight, I really misjudged the attendees of CppCon. I expected hardcore
C++ template nerds (many are), who dislike Qt (virtually noone). There is
certainly a demand for technical in-depth talks on Qt - my talk this year was
more a "hey, we are alive and do awesome stuff" presentation, which lacked
technical depth I think. I've also talked with Jon Kalb, the organizer of the
event, about Qt. He asked me to get more Qt people interested for next year.
And it's not just attended: There should be more Qt related presentations!

Thus this email: Please convince your employer that attending CppCon is
important. Hand in a technical talk on anything Qt related, show how you use
it to solves real world problems. There are also always multiple lightning
talk sessions, which are again an ideal platform to make people interested in
Qt. I really hope to see more Qt talks for CppCon 2016.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel: +49-30-521325470