[Development] Qt5.5 accessibility of QLineEdit and QTextEdit

Saether Jan-Arve Jan-Arve.Saether at theqtcompany.com
Tue Sep 29 13:28:06 CEST 2015

Hi Germano.
I suspect this is because the new Narrator is using the UI Automation API (I can see that Notepad exposes UIA_DocumentControlTypeId, which is probably the enabler for this)

There is unfortunately not a bridge between UI Automation and Qt at the moment (currently we only support MSAA and IAccessible2)

It works if you are using NVDA, which supports the IAccessible2 interfaces.

I have created an issue for this: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-48500

Jan Arve