[Development] gerrit : pointers to use it cleverly/efficiently?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:38:09 CEST 2016

On Friday April 01 2016 12:16:08 Marc Mutz wrote:

> You may want to start here: http://hginit.com
>
> Yes, it's about Mercurial, but it should re-educate you enough that you'll
> come to love git as much as every professional eventually does.

To put things straight: I don't hate git. I actually use it a lot, just a subset of its features and probably even those not to their fullest extent.

> > It turns out that if you’ve been using Subversion, your brain is a little
> > bit, um, how can I say this politely? You’re brain damaged

Well ... that's about just as funny and true as when a former supervisor called C++ an abomination (because different from his favourite, Modula-2) ;)

Since you mention Subversion: should I start loving git-svn just because I happen to be tapped into a couple of svn remotes? O:-)

R.