[Development] Heads up! Fixing the build system on Windows

Scott Aron Bloom scott at towel42.com
Fri Apr 1 19:10:33 CEST 2016

One thing that is not clear to me, what level of access the bash shell will have to the windows subsystem.  Apparently you will be able to run native linux applications inside the shell, but it is not clear if an X server will be made available, and what windows application will run under the bash shell.

As to the building on windows 10, one thing that I would recommend if you go down this path.   Have an option added to the cofnifuration to "package" the results into an installer.  Thus a company that hasn't migrated to Windows 10, can create a VM to do the build and install (which is common anyway) and package up their customer installer to deploy the installation inside their world

Scott