[Development] MSVC2012 in CI

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at theqtcompany.com
Tue Apr 5 14:08:36 CEST 2016

On Sunday, March 20, 2016 12:07:01 PM Sean Harmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can MSVC 2012 configurations be removed from the CI please? My understanding
> is that this compiler was only kept around to support Windows EC but that
> this is now removed from 5.7.

I'd love to remove it, but it's blocked by https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/
QTBUG-51934
We cannot just remove test coverage without testing some of the features on
more modern platforms.
In this case msvc 2012 is the platform where we test "DeveloperBuild, Release,
QtNamespace, QtLibInfix" and I'd like to keep a windows build with these
features. It seems to consistently fail on windows 10 though.
If there's not enough information in the bug, I'm happy to provide it. As long
as that test keeps failing, we won't get rid of msvc 2012.

Cheers,
Frederik