[Development] Qt Keyboard Shortcuts broken in Qt 5.6 (since 4.8 at least). Reproducible test case included.

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Apr 10 09:14:01 CEST 2016

On sábado, 9 de abril de 2016 22:22:27 PDT jasonsu at mail-central.com wrote:
> Use of Qt Keyboard shortcuts has been broken in Qt for years.
>
> There are lots of bugs about it in Qt and KDE projects.
>
> This one looks close to what I'm seeing,
>
>         Can't assign keyboard shortcut with Meta modifiers
>         https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-9846
>

> There are lots of others.
>
> Anyway, the point is -- shortcuts don't work.

Yes, they do. Do you mean shortcuts with Meta?

There was a bug in 5.4 and 5.5 for shortcuts with Ctrl+Shift but it's fixed in
5.6

> press:
>         Meta-Ctrl-Alt-L
>         OUTPUT: (none); window flashes

That has nothing to do with shortcuts. It appears that the way that khotkeysd
sends keypresses isn't working in Creator. It's irrelevant what Creator does:
the bug is in khotkeysd because it isn't sending the input in such a way that
some applications can't ignore.