[Development] Qt-Project misrepresented on qt.io

Alexander Nassian nassian at bitshift-dynamics.de
Tue Apr 19 19:45:33 CEST 2016

I also see a growing trend at The Qt Company on trying to sell more commercial licenses by creating fear because of the opensource licenses. At any corner you hear „ohh, ohh that may not be legal to distribute, but just be sure buy a license“. This makes me kind of sad. I love Qt, I love commercial services and I love open source. Commercial support or additions to opensource projects should be sold by providing a benefit to the customer, not by creating fear.

Just my 2 cents,
Alexander Nassian