[Development] QtMultimedia && QML - hard performance regressions on Windows

Massimo Callegari massimocallegari at yahoo.it
Wed Apr 27 12:28:01 CEST 2016

Hey Denis, welcome to the "QtMultimedia lovers" club :)

Good luck with your remarks, most likely nobody will care.
It seems that the primary role of QtMultimedia is to capture input video. All the rest doesn't matter.

I've opened a number of tickets and none of them have been solved:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-37004  (Feb 2014)
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-37005  (Feb 2014)
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-37882  (Mar 2014)
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-42034  (Oct 2014)
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47284  (Jul 2015)

3 on 5 marked as P2.

I would also add a recent discovery of how non-cross platform QtMultimedia is.
The use case is starting a video in fullscreen on a second monitor (QtWidget way).
In Linux and OSX you have to do
m_videoWidget->setGeometry(rect);
m_videoWidget->setFullScreen(true);and on Windows
m_videoWidget->setFullScreen(true);
m_videoWidget->setGeometry(rect);

I didn't even open a ticket for that, cause I got tired to waste my time on this topic.