[Development] Exception to source compatibility: adding AA_CompressHighFrequencyEvents flag

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 18:50:49 CEST 2016

On Wednesday 27 April 2016 08:50:48 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
[snip]
> As a Debian developer, you might also consider that you should never
> ever package Krita 3 for Debian with a Qt 5.6 without this fix. You'd have
> to carry the patch for Qt 5.6 or forego packaging Krita (and later on,
> OpenToonz).

The only Qt patches we accept are the ones ACKed by upstream (ie, someone from
the Qt project) or the ones that are really debian-specific. Projects using Qt
should use whatever the official Qt releases ship.

So backporting a merged fix is OK, but a patch to alter standard Qt behavior
not yet accepted is not ok.

--
Geek Inside!

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer