[Development] Exception to source compatibility: adding AA_CompressHighFrequencyEvents flag

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Fri Apr 29 15:52:33 CEST 2016

> On 26 Apr 2016, at 14:56, Simon Hausmann <Simon.Hausmann at qt.io> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The way you describe the problem sounds like it is specific to tablet events on X-Windows. In my opinion a solution to the problem applied to the 5.6 branch of Qt
> should also be limited to tablet events on X-Windows. Wouldn't it therefore be easiest to simply not do tablet event compression on X-Windows without any changes to the API?

I had that idea early on, but somebody warned me that the disadvantage is having to dig into the event too much just to decide.  This decision is preliminary, before really handling the event, so it needs to be quick.  But the compression code already spends a little time, and detecting whether it’s a tablet event isn’t much more work.  Maybe we will solve the problem that way then.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/157348/

Yeah.  But we could still get https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/157011/ into 5.7, in case somebody wants to disable all event compression.