[Development] Qt Keyboard Shortcuts broken in Qt 5.6 (since 4.8 at least). Reproducible test case included.

jasonsu at mail-central.com jasonsu at mail-central.com
Fri Apr 29 23:00:57 CEST 2016

I was previously told on this list

	http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2016-April/025595.html

that this bug is a KDE issue, not Qt.  So I moved it to KDE list.

A dev @ KDE then said it is NOT a KDE issue, but IS a Qt bug

    This is https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-48795
    Qt5 builds it's internal events as combination of (synthetic) keys and HW
    modifiers.

    That is *clearly* a fucking bug in Qt: either it ignores synthetic
    events (a regression compared to Qt4) or not, but just creating random
    events out of different sources should certainly not be intended.

Another KDE dev agreed, and opened this issue

	https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/156451/

Since then, after some daily pkg updates, I saw an improvement in the behavior of shortcuts.

I'm not going to chase the bouncing "it's not us" ball anymore. in case anyone's interested, I'm posting what I see here.

Here's a test showing that currently using shortcuts is still not 100%.

  Trigger: Meta-Ctl-Alt-T

  Action           Expected Output    Actual Output    Status
  1                1                  1                OK
  Shift+1          !                  !                OK
  1:1              11                 11               OK
  1:Shift+1        1!                 1!               OK
  Shift+1:Shift+1  !!                 !!               OK
  Shift+1:1        !1                 !!               WRONG

HTH.