[Development] Building Qt with dynamic OpenGL on MinGW broken

Oliver Wolff Oliver.Wolff at qt.io
Thu Aug 4 10:33:42 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 04/08/2016 09:49, Julius Bullinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> because of QTBUG-52487, there's currently no straight-forward way to build an OpenGL-dynamic QT 5.7 with MinGW on Windows. There's a patch attached to the bug report, but it's not on Gerrit (and the author hasn't responded to the request to push it to Gerrit).
for me the straightforward way for that configuration is to install the
DirectX SDK and use that. With that installed the build just works fine
here. Are there any issues with that?

> May I propose that somebody else takes the patch and pushes it to Gerrit for a proper review?
I think that there is more to that than the patch attached to the bug
report (as the reporter says, that the PATH variable has to be adapted).
So it's probably not just taking the patch and pushing it to gerrit.

> Thanks and best regards,
> Julius
Best regards,
Olli