[Development] Adding 3rdpary libraries to QtSerialBus

André Hartmann aha_1980 at gmx.de
Thu Aug 11 16:18:22 CEST 2016

Hi Edward,

 > How hard would it be to teach QNetworkInterface how to detect
 > CAN-iness in the interfaces it's clearly able to enumerate ?

I'm currently trying to find this out. What I know so far, is that
you can compare "something" to

#define ARPHRD_CAN	280

to find out the interface is of type SocketCAN. As there are more of
these definitions in /usr/include/linux/if_arp.h, a generic way to get
the "type" of an interface could be added to QNetworkInterface.

Maybe someone with more Linux programming knowlegde has a hint -
libenumif surely knows it, but looks like a sledgehammer for my small
problem.

Cheers,
Andre