[Development] Which changes are suitable for 5.6?

Gunnar Roth gunnar.roth at gmx.de
Sat Aug 13 18:08:16 CEST 2016

Hi Thiago,

to make qt 5.6.x support the quick controls2 there are only a few changes needed.
1. category is just adding code, which does not influence current code.
    a. adding qAsConst in qgolbal.h. That is actually something i really like to have in qt 5.6, because it is very useful and has no risk.
    b. adding EditorFont to qplatformtheme.h enumeration ,has  also no risk.
    c. protect cleanup of QQmlEngine when removing from QQmlDebugConnector in destructor, because quickcontrols2 instantiates
        it in  a way that it is not registered, but on cleanup crashes when removing as there is no check if it was added at all. I consider
        that a bug in Qt 5.6.1

  d. adding QQuickItem::isAncestorOf function to qquickitem.* has also no risk.
  e. adding Q_QUICK_PRIVATE_EXPORT to  QQuickStateAction  class in qquickstate_p.h

2. category is enhancing code but also modifies existing code.

  a.  enhance qml module lookup behavior in a way making things a lot easier.

       qqmlimport.* is changed ( by merging simply the code from 5.7 to do a lookup like this:
       For example, QtQml.Models 2.0:
       - base/QtQml/Models.2.0/qmldir
       - base/QtQml.2.0/Models/qmldir
       - base/QtQml/Models.2/qmldir
       - base/QtQml.2/Models/qmldir
       - base/QtQml/Models/qmldir
      This is very convenient. quickcontrols2 works without that but only with the default style. quickcontrols1 is jumping
      through hoops to achieve similar without change qtdeclarative.

  b. adding MovementDirection property  to QQuickPathView, i just copied qquickpathview.* from qt 5.7. I assume a low risk,
      but qt 5.7 has the same risk then.

The changes in the quick controls itself are just a matter of changing some 7 to a 6, 5.7.0 to 5.6.1 and 2.7 to 2.6

So actually I don’t see a dragon but maybe a dwarf lizard there ;-)

I can send the actual patches on request, they do not contain any code I wrote myself ( other than changing numbers)

Regards,
Gunnar Roth