[Development] Gerrit setting up

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Tue Aug 23 18:07:26 CEST 2016

> reset a password.
> log into gerrit again

OK, so you can log in.

> in the profile - still empty email address
> in Identifies: two rows:
> first one with an alias name and empty address (no option to delete this row)
> second one - with expected address but empty name.

This table is a bit of an odd way to present information, but it's all
one Identity, to which you can attach many e-mail addresses; the first
row tells you the identity name, the later rows list the e-mail
addresses and have check-boxes to let you select them (for deletion).

If you want to add a new e-mail address, go to Contact Information (in
the left panel), and hit its "Register New Email" button; that'll get
you a pop-up to tell it a new address.  Once that's registered, I
presume it shows up in the Identity "table" as a new address row.
At least, I think that's how come I have two now ...

You might have to log out and log back in again before a new e-mail
address shows up.

Yes, it's a weird UI.
Does that answer what you were trying to do ?
If not ... what were you trying to do, that you can't see how to do ?

	Eddy.