[Development] QT5 and color management

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Aug 29 10:52:48 CEST 2016

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016, Anders Torger wrote:

> Now I'm working on a QT-based application, and it needs to be able to
> output high saturation colors to wide gamut displays with correct color
> management, on both Windows and Mac OS X (Linux is only a bonus in this
> project). So the question is simply how is this done with QT -- if
> possible at all.

Sure it's possible. We accidentally broke it because we didn't have test
hardware, but Krita's been able to do that. We use opengl directly,
but Qt5 has a 10 bit/channel QImage format, so that might work too.

> Anyone who knows? Maybe there's an open-source/example application out
> there that has already solved the problem which we could look at?

Well, krita's been a fully color managed Qt application since 2004.

Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org