[Development] QT5 and color management

Anders Torger torger at ludd.ltu.se
Wed Aug 31 09:20:03 CEST 2016

On 08/30/2016 11:16:26 AM, Morten Sorvig wrote:
> Unfortuantely I think that Qt currently uses the color space for the
> main screen only, so you may find it lacking for multi-monitor
> setups.

If that's the case, it's good enough for our immediate needs. Then we
just get the ICC profile for the main screen, and use LittleCMS to
transform from our internal format to the proper colors for the
display. I was worried that the output was locked to sRGB on OS X (like
the situation with GTK) so you couldn't make full use of wide gamut
screens which would be very limiting for our application.

As most users with a color-managed setup have one primary screen which
they do all color-critical work on it's not too bad to only be able to
present correct colors on that.

/Anders