[Development] Qt in Google's OSS-Fuzz

Peter Hartmann peter-qt at hartmann.tk
Sun Dec 4 22:28:16 CET 2016

Hello,

after Google announced their continuous fuzzing approach some days ago
(see [1]), I tried to make Qt work with it and the fuzzing testcases I
have written the last weeks ([2]).

If people agree, we could try going forward with putting Qt onto
OSS-Fuzz as well. I am almost there with setting it up ([3]), and once
this is done I don't expect a lot of maintenance.

The fuzzing test cases ([2]) could be hosted as a Qt playground project
instead of github if desired.

As a side note, this platform already contains libraries that Qt uses,
e.g. OpenSSL, zlib, harfbuzz, ICU and others.

Regards,

Peter

[1]
https://testing.googleblog.com/2016/12/announcing-oss-fuzz-continuous-fuzzing.html
[2] https://github.com/peter-ha/qt-fuzzing
[3] https://github.com/peter-ha/oss-fuzz/tree/qt

--
Peter Hartmann // Titurelstrasse 2 // 89125 Munich // Germany
peter at hartmann.tk
www.peter.hartmann.tk