[Development] A new approach for Qt main()

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Dec 10 01:43:00 CET 2016

Em sexta-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2016, às 16:50:29 PST, Matthew Woehlke
escreveu:
> On 2016-12-09 16:23, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Em sexta-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2016, às 15:28:13 PST, Matthew Woehlke
> >
> > escreveu:
> >> I can work around that, though it's obnoxious. I'm more concerned about
> >> not being able to tinker with the CLI arguments before Qt gets them.
> >
> > That's a valid concern, but not one that warrants a QApplication subclass.
>
> Right; that one is an issue if the user is no longer in control of
> instantiating the Q*Application instance.

Ah, that's a good point.

Though quite frankly I don't see that as an issue. Applications can only have
access to argc and argv if they write the main() function, which means they
can continue to use the current functionality.

I'm imaginiing that this new way is needed for platforms where a main()
function makes no sense, in which case there's no command-line to begin with.