[Development] Proposal to adjust release candidate process

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Tue Dec 20 16:31:44 CET 2016

On Tuesday 20 December 2016 15:14:17 Sean Harmer wrote:
> Hi Tuukka,
>
> I agree with your proposal, however I think there is also another issue or
> two that we should address.

Except that instead of calling it RC1 why not call it another beta? The RC
should be something that *may* be suitable for release. But at present we get
the RC too late so it gets difficult to get fixes for issues accepted. Sure we
might need a new RC after that but calling the initial packages after the
release branch is branched an RC seems like a misnomer.

Cheers,

Sean

--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK