[Development] Q_COMPILER_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES since Qt 5.7

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 22 21:11:29 CET 2016

Em quinta-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2016, às 15:24:07 BRST, Marc Mutz escreveu:
> On Thursday 22 December 2016 12:25:12 Alexander Blasche wrote:
> > From: Development
> > <development-bounces+alexander.blasche=qt.io at qt-project.org> on behalf of
> > Thiago Macieira
> >
> > >QOverload could be used, but I'd rather you didn't use it in the Qt
> > >sources. It's a bit ugly.
> >
> > Currently not all Qt compilers work with it which makes it a no go for Qt
> > itself. I had to remove it again:
> >
> > https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-55747
>
> I'm not sure that it can be fixed at all (the BR is about overloaded
> function / function template).

Do we know if Clang is right or if it is a compiler bug?

Since it went into the codebase, I assume that the other compilers and other
versions of Clang accepted it. I'm guessing it's a Clang update by Apple that
caused it. Considering Clang 4.0 is currently unusable due to regressions, I'm
not inclined to accept the failure as our fault.