[Development] Proposal to adjust release candidate process

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Fri Dec 23 14:27:30 CET 2016

Hi,

I find that the branch is relevant in this context, as it relates to the amount of patches going in. The amount of patches going in is IMO related to the probably of introducing regressions. The process around the release branch, as opposed to the "minor branch", as proven to be a useful mechanism for reducing the churn and making people ask themselves: Do I really want this change in this release or can it wait?

So from what I think is one metric of quality (not the only one of course), the naming of release candidate is more meaningful.

Simon