[Development] Proposal for "container-oriented deterministic memory manager"

Phil Bouchard philippeb8 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 22:13:37 CET 2016

On 12/25/2016 04:05 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em domingo, 25 de dezembro de 2016, às 22:15:48 BRST, Konstantin Tokarev
> escreveu:
>>> I know the GC randomly kicks in so it fits the same pattern.
>>
>> Having 2 randomly repeating events in the system does not necessary mean
>> these events are correlated. You should provide profiling results or at
>> least logs that show GC kicking in during animation.
>
> Right, it could just as easily be the size of the L1 cache in your computer.

I hope not because I will port the app on the iPhone and Android which
has much less powerful cores.  My current system has:

   *-firmware
        vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
        physical id: 0
        version: G750JW.210
        date: 12/11/2013
        size: 64KiB
        capacity: 6080KiB
        capabilities: pci upgrade shadowing cdboot bootselect
socketedrom edd int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880
int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer acpi usb
smartbattery biosbootspecification uefi
   *-cache:0
        physical id: 9
        slot: CPU Internal L2
        size: 1MiB
        capacity: 1MiB
        capabilities: internal write-back unified
   *-cache:1
        physical id: a
        slot: CPU Internal L1
        size: 256KiB
        capacity: 256KiB
        capabilities: internal write-back
   *-cache:2
        physical id: b
        slot: CPU Internal L3
        size: 6MiB
        capacity: 6MiB
        capabilities: internal write-back unified
   *-memory
        physical id: c
        slot: System board or motherboard
        size: 16GiB