[Development] Proposal for "container-oriented deterministic memory manager"

Phil Bouchard philippeb8 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 10:09:00 CET 2016

On 12/26/2016 01:40 AM, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

> 26.12.2016, 07:02, "Phil Bouchard" <philippeb8 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Anyways I know for sure that heavy loads of Javascript in WebKit is
>> pretty sluggish for embedded devices, even with multiple processors, so
>> it is obvious the GC is responsible for this effect. And WebKit
>> apparently uses the latest and greatest source code available...
>
> You haven't provided any proof for this claim as well, have you?

I can't say which version of WebKit is faster because this is
confidential but Blink uses a mark and sweep type of GC, which is pretty
much the cutting edge technology:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/third_party/WebKit/Source/platform/heap/BlinkGCAPIReference.md

My point is Qt could do better because the QtQuickCompiler is already a
good start and I'm sure the containers of the internal Javascript engine
could make use of the root_ptr memory manager.