[Development] API/ABI changes report

Ponomarenko Andrey andrewponomarenko at yandex.ru
Fri Feb 5 14:34:19 CET 2016

Hello,

I've started to maintain API/ABI changes report for the Qt library here: http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/qt/

It took about two weeks to build and perform analysis for ~50 versions of the library from 4.0 up to 5.6.0-beta and finally I can share the report with the community. Hope the report will help Linux maintainers of the library to be aware of ABI structure changes and added/removed binary symbols.

I understand that the report contains several false positives and definitely some false negatives. Also it says nothing about behavioral ABI changes. But it still can be used as a first approximation.

Please let me know if some information in the report is incorrect/missed or you see some obvious false positives/negatives. I'll try to improve basic analysis tools.

Thank you.