[Development] API/ABI changes report

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Fri Feb 5 18:45:21 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016, at 05:58 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>  - QWindowSystemInterface: binary incompatible (class is \ingroup qpa,
>  but not
>    in a _qpa.h header, therefore it's public API)

I don't agree with this. None of the QPA files have a _qpa.h extension
(and haven't since 2012 -- see
qtbase/037238022f3a91a5619709b2c7cf4b38cd4d294b), all of them clearly
carry a warning "header", and all of them are put in include/qpa/ (see
sync.profile), so they are not public.

> * QtWaylandClient:
>  - events: false positive
>  - qt_extended_output: was public and should not have been removed. The
>  same
>    change also changed values of enums in other public classes
>    (like QWaylandCompositor).

QtWaylandClient is not a public module. It's the platform plugin for
Wayland. There isn't yet any API that is public (and not preview-level)
in QtWayland.