[Development] HEADS UP: OSX build requirements for 5.7

Petroules Jake Jake.Petroules at theqtcompany.com
Wed Feb 10 18:36:11 CET 2016

On Feb 10, 2016, at 8:11 AM, Tor Arne Vestbø <tor.arne.vestbo at theqtcompany.com<mailto:tor.arne.vestbo at theqtcompany.com>> wrote:

On 10/02/16 17:06, Thiago Macieira wrote:
On quarta-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2016 12:00:00 PST Tor Arne Vestbø wrote:
Does anyone see any issues with this going forward?

We need to be sure Qt compiles with the latest Xcode available on each of the
OS X versions that Qt can be developed on. Since 10.8→10.11 updating is free,
the only extra test is 10.7.  The latest Xcode that can be installed on 10.7
is Xcode 5.1, so it's important we keep building with that.

Pretty sure the App Store on my 10.7 VM prompts me to upgrade to 10.11 for free as well. I'm on the train without my VM SSD so I can't check right now.

Note that we don't have to build *on* 10.7 to be sure that Xcode 5.1 works.

Then we should drop 10.7 as a supported development platform (not deployment platform), so that we can require the latest Xcode and latest SDK (available for 10.10 and 10.11).

tor arne

Jake Petroules - jake.petroules at theqtcompany.com<mailto:jake.petroules at theqtcompany.com>
Consulting Services Engineer - The Qt Company