[Development] API/ABI changes report

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Feb 11 17:10:44 CET 2016

On quinta-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2016 16:46:52 PST Ponomarenko Andrey
wrote:
> I've removed most of the false positives mentioned in the review from the
> report: http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/qt/

Thanks Andrey!

> There are several remaining issues in the report. So I have some questions:
>
> - Is class QPlatformScreen private and all related changes should be removed
> from the report?
> (http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/compat_report/qt/5.5.1/5.6.0-beta/8f965/
> abi_compat_report.html)

Yes, that's a private class (QPlatform* is QPA, like QWindowSystem*).

> - Should I hide DesignerSupport class changes?
> (http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/compat_report/qt/5.5.1/5.6.0-beta/7404d/
> abi_compat_report.html)

Yes, please. This was a mistake to make public.

> - Whats about xdg_* changes in the libQt5WaylandClient.so?
> (http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/compat_report/qt/5.5.1/5.6.0-beta/59c65/
> abi_compat_report.html)

False positive too (private class).

Note that this makes your reports only talk about public ABI compatibility.
Anyone who used the private API will notice that it's not compatible.