[Development] 5.7 new features and 5.6 changelog

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Feb 16 14:38:05 CET 2016

Am 16.02.2016 um 08:29 schrieb Knoll Lars:
> Hi everybody,
>
> It would be great if those of you who haven’t done so yet fill in the 5.7 new features page on the wiki (https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.7), so that we can get a good overview over the bigger new features in 5.7.
>
> In addition, I’d like to ask every maintainer to have a look at the 5.6 changelog files, and checks that everything ok and the changelog is complete for your area.
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

A question about the new license-feature:

- projects under the GPLv2 can not use a LGPLv3 library (Qt only as GPLv2)
- LGPLv2.1 projects that want to use an LGPLv3 library. They must be upgraded to LGPLv3

( http://nmav.gnutls.org/2013/03/the-perils-of-lgplv3.html )

Don't you fear a lot of projects will only use 5.6 and never upgrade to higher versions?

Peter