[Development] How to find the most appropriate "Fix Version" tag in Jira

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Feb 17 17:28:59 CET 2016

On quarta-feira, 17 de fevereiro de 2016 11:24:30 PST Blasche Alexander wrote:
> - git5.6 will be 5.6.1 (sure 5.6.2 will be harder to guess and by all means
> use 5.6 for it) so far we always had a .1 patch release and I cannot see
> this changing. On top of that you know it is an LTS.

I'd say you should use 5.6.2 even if you don't know if that release will
happen. Worst case scenario, we have a bunch of fixes assigned to a release
that didn't exist. So far, that simply implied it was in the next minor
instead.

For 5.6, since it's a long-term release, some fixes will have two Fix Version
numbers (as in 5.6.4 and 5.7.2).