[Development] Supported platforms for Qt 5.8

Kalinowski Maurice Maurice.Kalinowski at theqtcompany.com
Sat Feb 20 08:28:08 CET 2016

> > Andreas Holzammer <andreas.holzammer at kdab.com> kirjoitti 20.2.2016
> kello 8.58:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > What about support for Windows IoT, which might be the successor of
> WEC.
> > Are there plans to support this?
> >

> We already have support for Windows 10 / WinRT, so it is a rather
> straightforward task to do when there is need. Maurice has been looking into
> Windows 10 IoT Core a bit and if I recall correctly there still are some
> performance etc issues in the Windows IoT. It is the natural successor of
> WEC, and supporting it makes sense, perhaps to some extent even with Qt
> 5.8 - if that is seen feasible?

[Kalinowski Maurice]
You are way too fast :)

Indeed we support Windows 10 IoT Core via WinRT. Situation is improving, but there are mostly two issues we have limited impact on:
1. Our version of ANGLE has limited (if at all ) support for feature set 9.1. Microsoft is tackling this in their version and we will try out a new version from upstream soon (actually Olli has been working on it this week). That at least will help us to use the WARP software renderer
2. Driver situation on Win10 IoT Core devices is horrible right now. That is to be expected and we have to see how it improves over time. But that is also the reason Microsoft is investing into ANGLE as an intermediate step.

So Lars was a bit generic with the Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 for Mobile (no, it's not called Windows Phone 10 ;) ). But he rather implied the Qt for WinRT version, which has support for all those including the embedded offering.

BR,
Maurice