[Development] Supported platforms for Qt 5.8

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Sun Feb 21 23:17:32 CET 2016

My 0.02$:

On Saturday 20 February 2016 19:04:18 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> - delegating constructors

This can help reduce code size (both source and executable) for types with
many constructors. E.g. QTreeWidgetitem, or QStringView.

> - "explicit operator" member funcvtions

Safe bool operators, but there's a C++98 pattern for it.

> - nsdmi

Don't see how this is interesting for library implementation.

> - initializer_list (not uniform initialisation!)

Easily ifdef'ed. Not really interesing for library implementation. Uniform
init, though, would simplifiy a lot of things.

> - raw strings
> - template alias (using ... = ...)

Not interesting for library implementation.

> - variadic templates

Enables perfect forwarding. Highly desireable in API and implementation.

> - deleted and defaulted members

Of all of the above, probably the most desireable. We have a lot of places
where we need to hand-implement special member functions, because they are
deleted or deprecated by newer C++ versions.  = default would greatly simplify
that process.

Thanks,
Marc

Tel: +49-30-521325470