[Development] Supported platforms for Qt 5.8

Turunen Tuukka tuukka.turunen at theqtcompany.com
Mon Feb 22 10:00:25 CET 2016

It is of course a matter of viewpoint, but I think similarly as Lars that it is better to do the required changes now for Qt 5.8 and then aim to avoid bigger changes for Qt 5.9 to the extent feasible.

There will be quite many new things developed for Qt 5.8 and keeping support for some older compilers and platforms we aim to then drop immediately after would be just an extra burden for the development. With Qt 5.6 and to some extent also with Qt 5.7 we have a wide set of older compilers supported, which makes it a great choice for those who can not move to the newer ones yet.

Yours,

	Tuukka