[Development] Supported platforms for Qt 5.8

Roger Briggen rogerbriggen at schleuniger.ch
Mon Feb 22 15:59:52 CET 2016

Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll <at> theqtcompany.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Now that 5.7 is branched, I'd like to propose that we update our list of
supported compilers and platforms
> for Qt 5.8. After some discussions with different people, here's an
initial proposal from my side:

> * We drop support for VS2012. This implicitly drops support for WEC2013.
Reason is that the compiler is
> still having rather large problems with it's C++11 support. I hope that we
could serve the WEC market
> rather well with 5.6 and 5.7 for the years to come. In the end, the
benefit we get with dropping the compiler
> will hopefully outweigh the cost (loosing WEC) by a good margin.

Hi Lars,

WEC2013 is also supported by Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015
(according to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg154234.aspx)
because it uses now the ARM Desktop Compiler.
So dropping VS2012 must not be the end of WEC2013 support of Qt.

Regards,
Roger