[Development] Supported platforms for Qt 5.8

Andrew Knight andrew.knight at intopalo.com
Mon Feb 22 17:01:45 CET 2016

On 02/22/2016 05:54 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2016 14:59:52 PST Roger Briggen wrote:
>> WEC2013 is also supported by Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015
>> (according to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg154234.aspx)
>> because it uses now the ARM Desktop Compiler.
>> So dropping VS2012 must not be the end of WEC2013 support of Qt.
> Hi Roger
>
> That is IDE support using the compiler from VS2012. When we say we drop
> support for a compiler, we don't mean the IDE that you're using.

That link clearly states that the MSVC2013 compiler is now used with
WEC2013 Update 5 and 11, as is the latest C runtime. So, this indeed
looks like a compiler and C runtime upgrade, not simply the new IDE
targeting the old compiler.

Maybe someone with a WEC2013 installation can check this out in practice?

Andrew