[Development] Supported platforms for Qt 5.8

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at theqtcompany.com
Mon Feb 22 22:08:12 CET 2016

On 22/02/16 19:32, "Development on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <development-bounces+lars.knoll=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>On segunda-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2016 18:16:47 PST Turunen Tuukka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For both WEC7 and WEC13 Qt 5.6 should be a very good release to use, while
>> for WEC13 also Qt 5.7 is an option. However as Qt 5.6 is a LTS release
>> supporting both WEC7 and WEC13, it is a very good baseline. With Qt 5.6.0
>> the WEC13 is still experimental, but target is to have it supported equally
>> well as WEC7 is within Qt 5.6.x patch level releases.
>
>So, to echo what Gunnar is saying:
>
>Is Qt 5.7 going to be the *only* release to support WEC2013?
>
>I want that answer to be "no". Let's support it for at least a year.

I can see the reasoning here, just as well as I see the reasoning of the people that would like to get rid of VS2012 as quickly as possible.

Before we continue this, could someone check the claim made in
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg154234.aspx ? That article has been published after we last discussed the topic.

Thanks,
Lars