[Development] Making ItemSelectionModel more useful

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 23 12:42:20 CET 2016

On 23/02/2016 01:31, deDietrich Gabriel wrote:
> The story behind having QModelIndex and QItemSelectionModel exposed
> to the QML engine was to solve the selection problem in the Qt Quick
> Controls 1 TreeView. TableView could use a simple selection model
> because of the trivial mapping between table row and model index.
> That’s not possible for the TreeView, so we decided to reuse what was
> already available in the QtWidgets side. Note that
> QAbstractItemModel::index() and several more functions have been made
> invokable. So those are available in QML provided your model is
> QAIM-based.

Thanks Gabriel, I have a more clear understanding now. I actually notice
that there is documentation here for QModelIndex and QItemSelection:
http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtdeclarative.git/tree/src/qml/types/qqmlitemmodels.qdoc

However, I cannot find that page in the documentation website; could you
please check why?

Ciao,
  Alberto