[Development] Supported platforms for Qt 5.8

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Feb 23 22:09:10 CET 2016

On terça-feira, 23 de fevereiro de 2016 21:01:39 PST Sergio Martins wrote:

> > > No. Both Qt 5.6 and Qt 5.7 will support WEC13.
> >
> > Quoting you on your yesterday's email:
> >
> > "With Qt 5.6.0 the WEC13 is still experimental"
> >
> > So 5.6 doesn't count. That leaves just one release, which is way too
> > short.
>
> Turunen said it's experimental with 5.6.0, not 5.6. By the time WEC13 is
> stable on 5.7 it's also stable on 5.6, because we commit fixes to 5.6 first.

Fixes, yes.

But you cannot commit major refactorings to improve stability in an patch
release, especially not the LTS release. Remember that 5.6 is also the last
release to support WEC7, so you cannot risk its stability for a platform
that's only experimental.

Users wanting WEC2013 support are advised to upgrade to Qt 5.7 as soon as
possible and not stay in 5.6.