[Development] We are planning to upgrade qdoc to use clang for parsing C++

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 11:20:16 CET 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Smith Martin <
Martin.Smith at theqtcompany.com> wrote:

> Send ideas for upgrading the Qt documentation to C++11.
>

> 1. Which C++11 constructs will be used in Qt?
>

> 2. Which of these should appear in the documentation?
>

> Send comments to the CC list.

Since qdoc will be using libclang, any change of getting the same treatment
for moc?

See more about moc-ng (based on libclang) here:
https://woboq.com/blog/moc-myths.html
and here: https://woboq.com/blog/moc-with-clang.html

Qt installers ship Qt Creator, and Qt Creator ships libclang for the clang
code model.
It should be easy to move libclang out from Qt Creator and be used by qdoc
and moc-ng.

Cheers,
Cristian.