[Development] Qt 5.6 LTS - who defines criteria what gets "bug fixed"

Welbourne Edward edward.welbourne at theqtcompany.com
Thu Feb 25 12:27:05 CET 2016

Koehne Kai added, to the discussion of priorities and LTS,
> The current descriptions of the priorities in JIRA [1] IMO aren't too
> helpful, since they focus too much on impact on a release.

The release is in the (possibly distant) future when prioritising; and,
when doing triage, I don't know which release shall fix a bug, unless
it's so high priority it must be in the next release.  I'd sooner have
priority definitions in terms of what I can see when it's submitted.
I think those deciding LTS questions need the same.

> But I also feel that the right priority is a computation of several
> factors, including Severity, Impact, whether it's a regression, and
> whether there's a workaround.
>
> Based on this I tried to come up with an 'algorithm' for JIRA bug
> priorities a while ago:

That sounds like the page we should expand for what we want here.

I've duly added
> https://wiki.qt.io/JIRA-Priorities
and
> [1]: https://bugreports.qt.io/secure/ShowConstantsHelp.jspa?#PriorityLevels
to the links section of our Triage Dashboard in Jira,

	Eddy.