[Development] change log creation tool (was: Re: Qt 5.6.0 missing change files)

Hausmann Simon Simon.Hausmann at theqtcompany.com
Fri Feb 26 13:34:45 CET 2016

Hi,

To simplify the creation of the change files I have written a small tool that facilitates this job. It's written in golang and you get install it by simply running

    go get code.qt.io/qt/qtqa.git/src/createchangelog

The binary will be placed in $GOPATH/bin. (If you are not familiar with go, then you can also "cheat" and just set GOPATH=$PWD just to get this tool)

Afterwards you can go into the git directory of the module you'd like to create the change log, make sure you have the correct branch checked out
and simply run the program. It will read .qmake.conf to figure out the version of the upcoming Qt release and it will use the output of "git tag -l" to
determine the previous release the change log should be made against. Afterwards it will go through the changes between those the previous release
and HEAD and print "preliminary" ChangeLog file to standard output. You can redirect the output and then do the usual manual editing.

Simon