[Development] Qthread & porting the qt code to another platform

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Fri Feb 26 15:44:06 CET 2016

Am Freitag, 26. Februar 2016, 15:39:22 CET schrieb Olivier Goffart:
> Am Freitag, 26. Februar 2016, 20:00:40 CET schrieb ravi kumar verma:
> > Hi,
> > are qt a wrapper over (posix thread in unix) and (win32 threads on
> > windows)?
> Yes.
>
> > Moreover , How do we port a Qt code from one platform to another ?
> > for eg . from windows to linux .
>
> You can take qthread_unix.cpp or qthread_win.cpp and make a new
> qthread_xxx.cpp that wraps the thread on your platform.
>
> For example, if your platform supports C++11 thread, you could make
> qthread_cxx11.cpp which wraps std::thread. And long term we could use it on
> every platform, just like we did for qatomic.

Sorry, I think I might have misunderstood your question. I thought you asked
how to port QThread code to a new platform.

If you asked how to port a Qt application from Windows to Linux, then you just
try to compile it and fix the compilation problems and error as they come.
then you test it and fix the remaining bugs.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - https://woboq.com - https://code.woboq.org