[Development] templated QObjects [was: Re: We are planning to upgrade qdoc to use clang for parsing C++]

Jędrzej Nowacki jedrzej.nowacki at theqtcompany.com
Mon Feb 29 10:09:51 CET 2016

On Friday 26 of February 2016 15:56:08 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I.e. what problems would we get from having to install the
> > moc files?
>
> Lots.

And probably all go away if instead of installing anything we use
QMetaObjectBuilder (assuming it's api stabilization). Yes it would have
performance impact, but only on the templated version and only during
initialization, qml is paying that price constantly without bigger complains.
It would not require any build system changes. The only limitation I can think
of right now is that in QObject<Foo>, Foo needs to be know to QMetaType
system, which is not a big deal.

Cheers,
 Jędrek